1. Massachusetts issues security breach regulations
Virtually every company that has employees or customers in Massachusetts must provide education and training on the proper use of computer systems and the importance of personal information security.
These regulations are in effect. The deadline for compliance is January 1, 2010
2. Costs of a Data Breach: Can You Afford $6.65 Million?
3. Dentist loses patient records out the back of garbage truck.
Whoops, a dentist office down the street from my house seems to have lost the personal data of 60 or so patients. Faulty data security? Open wireless access point exploited? Nope, something a little more simple: A failure to shred paper records.
4. New Data Privacy Laws Set For Firms
5. The Financial Modernization Act of 1999, also known as the “Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act” or GLB Act, includes provisions to protect consumers’ personal financial information.
6. Security Breach Notification Legislation/Laws
7. Securing Social Networks, from Facebook to MySpace to LinkedIn