What We Do
Kaliber Data Security equips and enables you to secure, protect, and manage your data so you are regulatory compliant, your intellectual property and reputation are protected, and you avoid the consequences of deficient data security. These consequences include:
- Under-protecting critical data or over-protecting non-sensitive data
- Direct costs for fines, notifications, customer service support, credit monitoring, customer incentives, restitution, card replacement, etc.
- Damage to the firm’s reputation and brand
- Defection of affected customers
- Opportunity cost of lost business from current and future customers
- Degradation of company value
- Audits for as many as 20 years
- Jail time
Kaliber Data Security works with you and your team to assure that you have a meaningful, common understanding of your security strategy and plan, ensuring your collective confidence, comfort, commitment and compliance.
Kaliber Data Security affords you the peace of mind that comes with knowing and understanding your data security situation, and that you have a custom-tailored information security strategy, plan, and support. This knowledge frees you and your management team to focus your business.
Who We Help
A Kaliber Data Security client knows their business. They know the right things to do, the right way to do them, and the results they need to achieve. But information security is not their business. While they are aware of the critical need to secure their information, they are uncertain of the necessary, practical steps required to protect their organization. They acknowledge that threats, regulations, and security solutions have an almost unmanageable rate of change, yet they don’t possess the expertise or resources to control them. Kaliber’s clients understand that the cost to invest in an in-house solution is likely unaffordable, has an unacceptable return-on-investment, has a high risk of failure. and is not the most valuable use of their time and resources.
Kaliber Data Security’s clients include:
- Professional service businesses, entrusted with highly confidential client data, often subject to regulatory compliance, including:
- Law firms
- Accounting firms
- Mortgage brokers
- Wealth managers
- Non-profit organizations that face regulatory requirements and are greatly concerned with protecting the personal information of their donors
- Electric Utilities entering the age of the Smart Grid and the new, increased technical vulnerabilities and granular usage reporting and exposure that come with it
Who We Are
What distinguishes Kaliber is our position and perspective on data security. The Kaliber Data Security team possesses market-leading data security and technical expertise, but we are also successful, proven business leaders. We realize data security is a business issue, not a technology issue; and that the ultimate objective of a rational data security strategy is to contribute to your successful business operations and financial results.
Kaliber Data Security understands that you and your team are not in the data security business, but your data security needs are no less critical than those of the largest enterprise.
It is Kaliber Data Security’s unique position and perspective that directs our approach to equip and enable you to secure and protect your business information. We know that you and your team are your first and best line of protection, and that effective data security starts with you understanding your needs, risk, vulnerabilities, consequences, and options. Unlike many technology-centered data security providers who start and end only with the latest technology solutions, Kaliber is your trusted business advisor. We know that the only way to effectively equip and enable you to implement and execute custom-tailored data security starts with learning your business through listening, attentiveness, communication and collaboration.
How We Do It
“Knowledge isn’t power, applied knowledge is power.” Kaliber Data Security’s proven process and methodology ensures that your optimized security strategy, policy, plan, and assets are designed, developed, implemented and working for you – fast.
Our process includes:
- Working with you to assess your threats and compliance requirements
- Evaluating mitigating controls that may have already been deployed
- Focusing on vulnerabilities for which no control has yet been implemented
- Designing, developing and delivering custom-tailored:
- Security strategy that reconciles with and supports your business strategy
- Security position dashboard to visually monitor, measure, and manage your security strategy in action
- Policy documentation
- End-user training
- Cloud based security offerings for:
- Data Loss Prevention
Kaliber Data Security’s success is also built on our partnerships with leading Managed Security Service providers, who offer superior functionality and support.
Kaliber Data Security is attentive and responsive. When you contact Kaliber Data Security your response comes from the person who knows your situation and can address and resolve your issue. No queues, transfers, or hand-offs – and no delays or waiting while your business is exposed.